During Chinese new year, we usually escape the cold weather to the warmer reaches of SE Asia...and, yeah, in a way to escape the culture of China too. But, sometimes, it follows you. And, so, I would like to offer this open letter to the Chinese tourist that stayed in our hotel...
- Yes, the GZ Tai-Tai saw you strip out of your bathing suit on the balcony of your room and all she had to say was, 'Ewww.'
- The next time I would like my furniture re-arranged in my home, I'll be sure to invite you over and tell you that there is going to be breakfast. I realize it's important to sit near your friends and family, but is it really that important to move 4 tables from all ends of the restaurant together, so you can sit together as one?
- Shhhh...your friend is standing right next to you, they can hear you...and so can I.
- Socks with sandals...it's the perfect fashion statement.
- The small wooden laundry stand the hotel provides you on the balcony serves well to dry off your bathing suit...please don't drape it over the balcony rail.
- The hotel has conveniently given you a front door to your room with full access to all the facilities, so you don't have to crawl across my balcony and through the bushes to the corridor which takes you to the beach.
- If you want to play tag and wrestle with the kids, do it at 11:30am...not PM!
Culturally insensitive of me...perhaps. But, when you live in a place for as long as we have, there tends to be a breaking point from time to time and number 1, above, was it.